Chicago Coalition for the Homeless ScholarshipExpired
Awards up to
Each June, the Chicago Coalition for the Homeless awards renewable college scholarships to graduating high school seniors who succeeded in school despite coping personally with homelessness.
Every applicant must have:
- experienced homelessness, living in a shelter, on the street, or doubled-up in someone else's home (This must be verified on a document signed by the applicant's homeless school liaison or service/shelter provider)
- been admitted to or enrolled in an accredited 2-year or 4-year public or private college or university for the 2021-22 school year as of May 6, 2022 (Scholarships will not be awarded to attend for-profit schools)
- a cumulative weighted high school or college GPA of 2.5 or higher
- filed a completed FAFSA application by April 30, 2022 (FAFSA can be accessed online at www.fafsa.ed.gov)
Please read these instructions carefully before you begin: Take care to submit well-written answers to the essay questions, as your application will be read by a selection committee. Please be sure to adhere to the word requirements listed for each essay. Each essay should be 2-5 paragraphs and thoughtfully written. We suggest planning the points you would like to cover before beginning, proofreading carefully, and having someone else (like a teacher or guidance counselor) read through it before submitting. Find more tips about essay writing here: www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ne4YPKYSWac
The application must be fully completed by the applicant all of the following materials must submitted by Friday, May 6, 2022 at 5 p.m.:
- A copy of your four-year high school transcript and/or a college transcript.
- Two (2) letters of recommendation from individuals with direct knowledge of your abilities, accomplishments, and potential. One recommendation must be from a teacher, or other school personnel.
- Using our certification form, your homeless or formerly homeless status must be verified on a document signed by your school's homeless liaison or a service/shelter provider. Form available here at https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LkFqysflTlNrHLucnjCVzhIuGMcmcYKg/view?usp=sharing
- Documentation of any other scholarships/financial aid received to date (if applicable).