Hawaii Island Landscape Association Scholarship
1) The encouragement and support of research and development contributing to the improvement of landscape practices;
2) Gathering, analyzing and disseminating information of general interest to the public and landscaping community;
3) Providing information and research to assist governmental agencies in developing their policies and legislation in areas involving landscaping, beautification, and related matters;
4) Stimulating general interest in tree planting, landscape gardening, and beautification of public and private grounds for the benefit of the state and communities;
5) Engaging in any lawful activities which will enhance the efficient progress towards goals of the landscape industry as a whole, and acquainting the general public with the scope and character of such goals and activities;
6) Making research and information obtained by the association available for the use and benefit of members of the public and landscape industry.
Enrolled in their senior year at any high school on the Island of Hawaii or currently enrolled or planning to enroll in any college or university, or any institution of higher learning in a program of horticulture, landscaping, environmental planning or agriculture (The Green Industry).