Nat Moore Scholarship and Vocational Grant
Deadline: 2/28/2023· 27 days left
Awards up to
We will begin accepting applications for the 2023 cycle on November 1, 2022.
Winners of the 2022 cycle will be announced soon! (Previous deadline was on March 14, 2022).
The Nat Moore Scholarship will provide scholarships to graduating seniors from high schools in Miami-Dade, Broward, Palm Beach and Monroe Counties. No restriction is placed on the student's choice of school or discipline of study. The number of scholarships awarded is based on the funding available and the number of quality applications received. The scholarships are primarily distributed directly to colleges over four years, which helps to ensure that the student remains in school. The maximum award amount is $10,000 and will be disbursed in increments of $2,500 per year for four (4) years.
- Application deadline February 28th by 11:59 pm EST. No late submissions will be reviewed or accepted.
- Must be a high school senior graduating from a Miami-Dade, Broward, Palm Beach or Monroe county high school on or before June each year.
- Demonstrate financial need to attend college.
- Minimum high school grade point average of 2.5 (on a 4.0 grade scale, excluding home studies).
- A personal statement of 500 – 700 words.
The Nat Moore Vocational Grant will provide grants to young adults ages 18-24 to aid in furthering their education. Those interested within the age range MUST apply to a vocational/trade program in South Florida. The preferred vocational/trade programs are Construction, Hospitality, Information Technology, Public Service, EMT and Fire Rescue. The number of grants awarded is based on the funding available and the number of qualified applications received. The grants are primarily distributed directly to the vocational/trade school, which helps to ensure that the student remains in school. The maximum award amount is $3,500 per recipient toward the cost of the entire program. Funds are disbursed as needed to cover the course each term.
Vocational Grant Guidelines
- Legal resident of the United States.
- Applicants must be between the ages of 18-24. If current or graduating High School Senior, please provide appropriate documentation and be graduating from a Miami-Dade, Broward County, Palm Beach and Monroe Counties.
- Applicants must have applied to an accredited trade/vocational school by January 31. Grant deadline is February 28, 2022.
- Applicants must have demonstrated leadership abilities through participation in community service, extracurricular, or other activities.
- Demonstrate financial need.