Outrigger Duke Kahanamoku Foundation (ODKF) - Ambassador Of Aloha (Returning Scholars)
Deadline: 3/1/2023· 25 days left
Awards up to
This scholarship seeks to highlight the individuals who demonstrate Duke's spirit of aloha through sports and community involvement. Multiple scholarships available.
Ambassadors of Aloha Scholarship - Returning Scholar Application
This form is for students who have previously received a scholarship from ODKF. For new scholars, please apply through this link.
Returning scholars should continue to uphold Duke’s legacy by demonstrating the aloha spirit and continued participation in Duke’s sports at some level.
Applicant must meet the eligibility requirements listed below.
- Hawaii resident.
- U.S. citizen.
- Participate in one or more of “Duke’s Sports” with a record of accomplishments and an intent to compete in college. Duke’s Sports include volleyball, canoe paddling, swimming, diving, surfing, water polo, sailing, kayaking, or other ocean sport.
- In need of financial assistance.
- Maintaining a minimum 3.0 GPA.
- Actively demonstrating the aloha spirt through leadership and community involvement.
- Currently enrolled or intending to enroll full-time in an accredited college in the coming year.
- Willing to stay connected to the foundation by volunteering, attending events, and giving back when able.
- Willing to be interviewed and/or photographed for publicity of the scholarship program.
Multiple scholarships available.
Scholarship money will be sent directly to colleges and will be prioritized for tuition, fees, and/or required course materials during full-time enrollment.
Division I, II, and II athletes should consult with their school's compliance officer to see if receipt of ODKF scholarships (partially based on athletic ability) could impact eligibility.