Outrigger Duke Kahanamoku Foundation (ODKF) - Ambassador Of Aloha ScholarshipExpired
Awards up to
2023-03-16 - This scholarship seeks to highlight the individuals who demonstrate Duke's spirit of aloha through sports and community involvement.
New scholars, please apply through this listing.
Returning scholars who have previously received a scholarship from ODKF, please apply through this link.
*If you have been invited to apply for the Duke Award, you do not need to apply for this scholarship*
AMBASSADOR OF ALOHA SCHOLARSHIP
For high school seniors or current undergraduates planning to attend full-time studies in the coming school year at an accredited college. Must demonstrate financial need.
Applicant must meet the eligibility requirements listed below,
Multiple scholarships available.
- Hawaii resident.
- U.S. citizen.
- Participate in one or more of “Duke’s Sports” with a record of accomplishments and an intent to compete in college. Duke’s Sports include volleyball, canoe paddling, swimming, diving, surfing, water polo, sailing, kayaking, and other ocean sports.
- In need of financial assistance.
- Maintaining a minimum 3.0 GPA.
- Actively demonstrating the aloha spirt through leadership and community involvement.
- Intending to enroll full-time in an accredited college in the coming year.
- Willing to stay connected to the foundation by volunteering, attending events, and giving back when able.
- Willing to be interviewed and/or photographed for publicity of the scholarship program.
Scholarship money will be sent directly to colleges and will be prioritized for tuition, fees, and/or required course materials during full-time enrollment.
Division I, II, and II athletes should consult with their school's compliance officer to see if receipt of ODKF scholarships (partially based on athletic ability) could impact eligibility.