Awards up to
2023-09-30 - Announcement: All of the PACE Leaders positions are currently filled, except for the Maker program. If you have particular interest in joining the Maker team, please apply.
Students within the University of Hawai‘i System can now apply for leadership development opportunities and scholarship opportunities available at PACE.
Students from all 10 UH campuses, including the community colleges and neighbor islands, are welcome to apply!
The Pacific Asian Center for Entrepreneurship Leaders program provides UH System students with a unique educational opportunity to practice and gain entrepreneurial skills, while enriching the educational experience of their peers. PACE Leaders are students from various majors who have the opportunity to shape and design entrepreneurial programming that is offered at UH. In addition to helping to execute PACE activities, Leaders help to grow a network of entrepreneurial-minded students throughout the UH System.
Student leaders develop transferrable skills such as verbal and written communication, collaboration and team building, project management, event coordination, strategic planning, budgeting and marketing.
Priority Application Deadline has been extended to Jan. 22, 2023.
Your applications will be peer-reviewed by current student directors. To learn more about the various programs, visit pace.shidler.hawaii.edu.
- Must be intending to enroll or be enrolled in a degree-seeking academic program in any of the 10 campuses within the University of Hawai‘i System, including community colleges and neighbor island campuses.
- Must be able to communicate in a timely manner and attend team meetings and events as determined by the team and leadership.
- Must be able to convey enthusiasm and pride for PACE, and participate in activities that market and promote PACE to the UH community and beyond. These activities may include informational tabling, classroom presentations, speeches, tours, digital content development, high school visits, and representing PACE as a student ambassador when called upon.
- Must be able to assist in the coordination of various programs, events and activities. Time commitments will vary depending on the activity. Leaders may select programs that align with their areas of interest.
- Leaders should possess personal attributes that include good, moral character, and strong public speaking and writing skills.
- Students must be in good academic standing
Preference may be given to
- Hawai'i residents
- Students who declare need, based on household income
- Students who have entrepreneurial aspirations OR enjoy creating solutions in teams
The priority application deadline for the next academic year is January 15, 2023.
Note: This is a rolling application. Students are encouraged to apply at any time as applications are reviewed for opportunities that may arise during the school year.