African American scholarships
These are all open scholarships for students who identify as African American. Select other group identity
Needle in a haystack? Create a profile and we will find the right scholarship for you.
Go to "my scholarships" to see your personalized scholarship recommendations, your applications and your shortlist.
- George Geng-On Lee Minorities in Leadership ScholarshipThis scholarship is open to San Francisco Bay Area residents who are minority students with financial need, that will be enrolled full-time or part-time at an accredited, not-for-profit 2-year or 4-year institution.
- EspeciallyMe ScholarshipThis scholarship is for students who identify as an African American female, and who display positive self-concepts of excellence and exemplify personal, academic, and social self-value as displayed through their actions.
- NWSA Women of Color Caucus-Frontiers Student Essay AwardThis scholarships is awarded to emerging scholars who engage in critical theoretical discussions and/or analyses about feminist/womanist issues concerning women and girls of color.
- Willie Brown Endowed Scholarship FundThis scholarship is for enrolled as a sophomore, junior, or senior College of Business major in good standing at Illinois State University with a cumulative grade point average of 2.75/4.00 or higher and be a student of African American experience or a non-traditional student of any race.
- William A. Crawford Minority Teacher ScholarshipThis scholarship is open to minority students, who are planning to teach in an accredited school in Indiana upon graduation.
- Americas Styrenics ScholarshipThis scholarship is for minority students with high academic achievement, leadership qualities and commitment to excellence at Louisiana State University (LSU).
- Dr. and Mrs. Spurgeon Webber Endowed ScholarshipThis scholarship is for students in the dental assisting diploma or dental hygiene associate degree programs. Preference is given to students from underrepresented populations.
- Sally & Russell First Generation ScholarshipThis scholarship is for a minority, first generation college student who has recently graduated from high school.
- Ohio Minority Engineering Student ScholarshipThis scholarship is for Black/African descent students with a civil engineering focus enrolled in an Ohio college or university.
- Autodesk NACME ScholarshipThis scholarship is for students enrolled in an undergraduate computer science or computer engineering program.
- AWG Minority ScholarshipThis scholarship is for female undergraduates majoring in a geoscience field who belong to an under-represented ethnic minority.
- Bechtel Undergraduate Scholarship AwardThis scholarship is for minority students interested in pursuing a corporate career in a construction-related engineering discipline. The award is accompanied by an internship and mentoring opportunities.
- Bechtel Undergraduate Women in Engineering ScholarshipThis scholarship is for female students who are rising juniors or seniors attending one of National Action Council for Minorities in Engineering Partner Institutions.
- BSLA ScholarshipThis scholarship is for students of color who identify as agnostic, atheist, humanist or secular.
- David Hudak Memorial Essay ContestThis essay contest is open to to freethinking students of color ages 17-21, who are either high school seniors graduating in spring 2020 who will be attending a North American college or university in fall 2020, or who are currently enrolled in a college or university.
- Mae & Mary ScholarshipThis scholarship supports African-American high school seniors pursuing health care careers. It is awarded based on academic excellence and financial need.
- NACME Chevron Scholarship Program This scholarship is for minority engineering students who have the potential to excel as scholars, leaders and potential contributors to Chevron Corporation.
- NACME Collegiate Scholarship (Block Grant)This scholarship is for under-represented students attending an engineering or computer science undergraduate program at a [National Action Council for Minorities in Engineering partner institution](https://www.
- The Chairish "Design Your Future" ScholarshipThis scholarship is for students from underrepresented backgrounds. Preference will be given to applicants pursuing design and engineering-related fields.
- The Luther and Mary Ida Vandross ScholarshipThis scholarship is for students enrolled in a 4-year Historically Black College or University (HBCU) in their 3rd, 4th or 5th year of study.
- Access and Diversity GrantThis scholarship is for members of an underrepresented population who are experiencing economic hardship.