African American scholarships
These are all open scholarships for students who identify as African American. Select other group identity
Needle in a haystack? Create a profile and we will find the right scholarship for you.
Go to "my scholarships" to see your personalized scholarship recommendations, your applications and your shortlist.
- Delta Sigma Theta Sorority Scholarship - Chicago Alumnae ChapterThis scholarship is for graduating high school seniors who are Chicago residents of African-American or African descent. Applicants must have attended one of the DST 2020-2021 target-CPS high schools or be active participants of **Delta Sigma Theta Sorority Inc.
- Booker T. Washington ScholarshipThis $500 scholarship is for African-American students graduating from any Saline County high school.
- Spectrum Scholarship ProgramThe Spectrum Scholarship Program actively recruits and provides scholarships to American Indian/Alaska Native, Asian, Black/African American, Hispanic/Latino, Middle Eastern and North African, and/or Native Hawaiian/Other Pacific Islander students to assist them with obtaining a graduate degree and leadership positions...
- Vernetta Wilson Memorial ScholarshipThis scholarship is open to African-American/Pan-African graduating seniors who are pursuing post-secondary education.
- Dr. Ethel Simon-McWilliams ScholarshipThis scholarship is awarded to African-American students who demonstrate a commitment to their community and a passion for helping those in need, just as Dr. Ethel Simon-McWilliams did throughout her life.
- Actuarial Diversity ScholarshipThe Actuarial Diversity Scholarship promotes diversity within the profession through an annual scholarship program.
- ALCOA Fund ScholarshipThe ALCOA Fund Scholarship provides support for underserved and underrepresented populations (African-American or Hispanic students) who are graduates of the Cleveland Metropolitan School District or a Catholic school in Greater Cleveland.
- Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc.®, The Epsilon Pi Omega Chapter ScholarshipPi Epsilon Omega Chapter scholarship is given to a graduating senior in Accomack and Northampton Counties. The scholarship application is available in the Spring Semester of current school year.
- AWG Minority Scholarship This program encourages young minority women to pursue an education and later a career in the geosciences (geology, geophysics, geochemistry, hydrology, meteorology, physical oceanography, planetary geology, or earth science education).
- Black Marketing Leaders GrantThis scholarship will be awarded to a Black student or recent graduate who plans on (or already is) pursuing a career in marketing at a start-up.
- CBC Spouses Education ScholarshipThis scholarship is awarded to academically talented and highly motivated African-American or Black students pursuing an undergraduate, graduate, or doctoral degrees in a variety of fields.
- CBC Spouses Essay ContestCBCF invites qualified African-American junior and senior high school students from the districts of Congressional Black Caucus (CBC) Members to participate in the Essay Contest and Issue Forum. Students are presented with a topic that embodies some of our communities’ most pressing issues and are asked to write an...
- CBC Spouses Performing/Visual Arts ScholarshipThis scholarship was established in 2000, in honor of the late Curtis Mayfield to ensure that African-American or Black students pursuing a degree in the performing arts receive financial assistance.
- CGCS- Bernard Harris Scholarship ProgramThe CGCS-Bernard Harris Scholarship Program was established to encourage minority students to pursue college degrees and careers in science, technology, engineering and math.
- Future Leaders in TechnologyThis goal of this scholarship is to support the innovative minds that represent the groups and communities that are still getting left behind in tech.
- Hallie Q. Brown Scholarship FundThis fund began to provide scholarship money to young people in 1904. The fund is sustained through the assessment of the NACWC membership.
- ICMA-RC Public Employee Memorial Scholarship FundThis scholarship is open to graduating high school seniors, current undergraduate and graduate students, who are children or spouses of deceased public employees that died in service to their community.
- LAGRANT Foundation ScholarshipThirty (30) undergraduate scholarship recipients will receive a trip to New York City, New York where they will participate in career building activities including a welcome dinner with a keynote speaker, three daylong career & professional development workshops and a scholarship & donor recognition reception.
- Sachs Foundation Graduate ScholarshipThis scholarship is open to previous Sachs Foundation scholarship recipients who will, or have, received their undergraduate degree within the last three years.
- The Maureen L. & Howard N. Blitman, P.E., ScholarshipThis scholarship is awarded annually to a high school senior from an ethnic minority, who has been accepted into an ABET-accredited engineering program at a four-year college or university.
- The McKinsey Diverse Young Leaders Scholarship This scholarship is for diverse students from Chicago, Denver,Minneapolis and their surrounding areas who are planning to enroll at a four-year accredited institution during the 2021 - 2022 academic year.
- The William Randolph Hearst Endowed ScholarshipThis scholarship is open to graduate or undergraduate students from communities of color who have a demonstrated interest or experience in nonprofit organizations, philanthropy, and the social sector.
- AAYHF's Harvest Scholars Scholarship ProgramThis scholarship available to African American Youth Harvest Foundation’s (AAYHF) program participants who are lower-wealth, lower-resourced, underrepresented high school seniors that demonstrate a financial need.
- Charlie and Mollie Daniels Family Endowed ScholarshipThis scholarship is for an undergraduate (junior year or higher) engineering student or graduate engineering student of UTA. Applicants must be active members of National Society of Black Engineers (NSBE).
- Honorable Elzie Odom Leader of Tomorrow ScholarshipThis scholarship is for African-American male high school seniors attending school in Tarrant County or Grand Prairie.It may be used at any two or four-year College or University.