Physical Sciences scholarships
These are all open scholarships for students looking to study something related to Physical Sciences. Select other major
- Alvin and Eleanore Myrick ScholarshipThis scholarship is intended for students with majors within the College of Sciences
- Ann C. and Charles F. Goodno ScholarshipThis scholarship will be awarded to students enrolled in the College of Sciences at NC State University.
- Ann Price Silva ScholarshipThis scholarship will be awarded to NCSU undergraduates from the Western/Appalachian Mountains region of NC who are either US citizens or permanent residents. Preference will be given to students from Transylvania County, NC and are majoring in a science, technology, engineering, or math (STEM) program.
- Arnater and Viola Nivens ScholarshipThis scholarship is for students who are participating in the **Society for Multicultural Students** in the College of Sciences at NC State University.
- A.T. Anderson Memorial ScholarshipThis scholarship is open to full-time undergraduate or graduate students at an accredited two-year or four-year college/university who are pursuing any STEM related degree such as Architecture, Mathematics, Medical Sciences, Physical Science, Technology, Nursing, Engineering, or Natural Resources.
- Barr Systems, Inc. Dean's ScholarshipThis scholarship is for the most outstanding students as part of the Dean’s Scholars Program at NC State University.
- Bright Salvageot Endowed ScholarshipThis scholarship assists students in meeting educational expenses incurred while pursuing their academic goals at Western Piedmont Community College. Preference will be given to students enrolled in programs related to **science, engineering, mathematics, healthcare and education**.
- CGCS- Bernard Harris Scholarship ProgramThe CGCS-Bernard Harris Scholarship Program was established to encourage **minority students** to pursue college degrees and careers in science, technology, engineering and math. Applicants must be students from urban school districts represented by the **Council of the Great City Schools**.The scholarship was created by former NASA astroanaut Dr. Bernard Harris, the first African-American to walk in space.
- Liz Oxford Memorial ScholarshipThis scholarship will be awarded to Burke County students enrolled in a transfer degree program (AA, AFA or AS) at Western Piedmont Community College.
- Michael Moody Fitness ScholarshipThe Michael Moody Fitness Scholarship is a college scholarship of $1,500 awarded to a high school senior, undergraduate, or graduate student who has demonstrated outstanding achievement, participation and leadership in school activities and work experience, and interest in pursuing a career in the health and fitness related fields.
- Oxford-White Academic Merit ScholarshipThis scholarship provides financial support to a WPCC student pursuing an Associate in Arts, Associate in Fine Arts, and/or an Associate in Science transfer degree.
- Palmer-Wrigglesworth Endowment FundThis scholarship provides financial support to a student seeking a degree, diploma or certificate at Western Piedmont Community College.
- South Carolina Palmetto Fellows Enhancement ScholarshipThis scholarship is open to students who are majoring in one of the following areas: **science, mathematics, computer science or informational technology, engineering, science education, math education, or healthcare**.
- The II-VI Foundation ScholarshipThis scholarship is for students entering the fields of engineering, mathematics and science. Primary interest to the II-VI Foundation are students majoring in the fields of electrical engineering, chemical engineering, chemistry, physics, materials science engineering, mathematics, and mechanical engineering.
- The Thomas E. (Tem) McElroy, Jr. Scholarship FundThis scholarship is open to **Byrd High School** seniors, who have chosen to study science and engineering in college.