Scholarships in Alaska
These are all open scholarships for students either resident in or looking to study in Alaska. Select other state
- Art Jess Scholarship FundThis scholarship is open to Alaska residents who are **Alaska Native, American Indian, and/or Hawaiian Native**, and is intended to assist Alaskans with their post-secondary education, including but not limited to trade schools, vocational schools, undergraduate and graduate schools, community colleges and distance learning.
- Hilcorp Future Leaders of America ScholarshipThis scholarship is for Hilcorp employees or their dependents to pursue a college education in the **Math** or **Science** fields.
- Jeff Cheng Memorial ScholarshipThis scholarship is open to students of underrepresented groups in the Alaska Aviation community who plan to pursue flying as a professional career.
- Lucile Hope Special Education ScholarshipThis scholarship is open to students enrolled in an accredited university or college and who have completed at least their sophomore year pursuing a degree or endorsement in post-secondary education.
- Luella James Scholarship FundThe Luella James Scholarship is open to graduating seniors of Seward High School who are continuing on to college or vocational school.
- Mt. McKinley Lions Club Foundation ScholarshipThis scholarship is open to an East Anchorage High School senior with demonstrated participation in community service activities during high school and intends to return to Alaska to live and work upon completion of college
- Phoenix Two-Spirit Native & First Nations ScholarshipFor Two Spirit and LGBTQ+ Native, First Nations, and/or Alaska Native students who have a history of activism and/or leadership in the Native community or are planning to get more deeply involved in Native communities in the future.
- Ric Ulrich and Chuck Pischke ScholarshipThis scholarship was created by Ric Weiland in 1998 for LGBTQ and allied students studying visual arts and design.
- Robert Browning ScholarshipThis scholarship was created by Ric Weiland in 1993 to support students studying health sciences or health services.
- Soaring Heart ScholarshipThis scholarship fund was created in 2008 by Mike Schaefer to support students interested in providing compassionate care to any survivors of violence, trauma or grief.
- TheDream.US Opportunity ScholarshipThe Opportunity Scholarship Award will cover your tuition, fees, and on-campus housing and meals at one of our Partner Colleges up to a maximum of $80,000 for a bachelor’s degree. You can renew the Award each year so long as you meet the continuing eligibility criteria.
- Thelma Fisher Dewitty ScholarshipThis scholarship was founded by Robert Roblee in 2005 for current and future African American LGBTQ leaders and role models.
- Tony DeBlase Memorial Scholarship FundThis scholarship was created by Aubrey Hart Sparks to support LGBTQ and allied students entering the fields of sex education, sex therapy, or other fields that further the understanding of human sexuality.
- Varsity Athletics Scholarship FundThis scholarship was created by Sam McVeety & Jordan Goldwarg in 2014 to support LGBTQ-identified students who are “out” leaders and play a varsity-level sport in college.
- Whidbey Island Giving Circle ScholarshipWhidbey Island Giving Circle Scholarship for current and future LGBTQ+ and ally leaders and role models who attend/attended a Whidbey Island High School or currently reside on Whidbey Island.