Scholarships in California
These are all open scholarships for students either resident in or looking to study in California. Select other state
- 2023 - YFPA Scholarship ProgramDeadline for applications is on April 21, 2023 at 11:59 PM PST. This scholarship, hosted by Your Filipino Professionals Association, is looking for Bay Area graduating high school students, who are involved in the Filipino community, and have been accepted into a 4-year college/university to pursue a Bachelor’s degree. **ELIGIBILITY** * - Graduating high school senior * - Attending a high school within a 60-mile radius of San Francisco, CA * - Overall GPA of 3.5 * - Involved in the Filipino community * - Has been accepted into a 4-year college to pursue a Bachelor's degree **APPLICATION MATERIALS** * - Essay * - Two letters of recommendation * - Official high school transcript * - Proof of college acceptance or current student enrollment Scholarship finalist interviews will be scheduled between May 1 - May 14, 2023. Click here to view past winners: https://www.yfpasf.com/scholarship.html Due to the global impact of COVID-19, Your Filipino Professional Association will consider the status of the pandemic and local protocols when scheduling in-person events and meetings, including the YFPA Scholarship Awards. We are committed to ensuring the health and safety of attendees, members, partners and the YFPA community.
- Associated Students, Inc. ScholarshipThis scholarship is for a student who demonstrates strong excellence in leadership development and related activities, both on and off campus, as determined by ASI Scholarship Committee. In addition, the student should demonstrate the ability to participate in such extracurricular leadership activities with excellence in academic achievements.
- Calaveras County Garden Club ScholarshipThree $3000 scholarships are awarded each year to graduating seniors from the **Calaveras County** high schools who have **horticulture or environmentally related** education goals.
- California Association of Collectors Educational ScholarshipCACESF’s scholarship contest is open to current high school juniors and seniors who are enrolled in a California high school and will be attending any accredited public or private college, university, or trade school within 12 months of graduation.
- Critical Care Training Center’s Scholarship Program Critical Care Training Center (CCTC) is honored to present its periodic Interactive Scholarship Program to all **Certified Nurse Assistant Students** throughout California. To qualify for the scholarship, students must submit a 600-word essay on the following topic: “Why do we need CNAs in the Healthcare Industry?” Five top essays will be selected according to the number of shared online community votes and will be forwarded to CCTC Board Members who will determine the final winner.
- Dante Simi Scholarship Fund A scholarship shall be awarded to students with a minimum GPA of 2.0. Preference given to Sigma Chi members or pledges; and/or graduates of any Learn 4 Life Charter School in the Fresno State's service area: Crescent View West (Fresno), Crescent View South (Fresno), Crescent Valley Public Charter (Hanford, Tulare, Visalia) and Ambassador Phillip V. Sanchez Charter (Fresno).
- Employee ScholarshipThis scholarship is for a a high school graduate applying for/accepted at a college or certificate program and is employed by the **Del Mar Fairgrounds, Del Mar Thoroughbred Club, Premier Food Services** or contractor of the **Del Mar Fairgrounds**.
- FFA ScholarshipThis scholarship is for a a high school graduate who is a member in good standing of **FFA** and has participated (not necessarily during the applying year) in a competitive exhibit department at the **San Diego County Fair**.
- Hawaii Chamber of Commerce of Northern California (HCCNC) ScholarshipThe Hawaii Chamber of Commerce of Northern California (HCCNC) Scholarship's goal is to support future leaders as role models for the Hawai‘i community. This scholarship program is aimed at strengthening the pipeline of Bay Area college-bound students and ensuring retention so that more students obtain their degrees, support qualified Kama‘aina, and assist them in making the transition from high school to college, and from Hawai‘i to the mainland. Applications, which require a written essay describing each applicant’s strengths, and how their education will benefit the Hawai‘i community, are evaluated on the following criteria: * Demonstrated leadership qualities * Involvement in the community * Clarity of direction and goals * Academic achievement * Letters of recommendation Note: Applicants must be high school students that are **applying to California Bay Area colleges/universities**, OR be undergraduate students that are **currently enrolled in California Bay Area colleges/universities**.
- JLA ScholarshipThis scholarship is for high school graduates who meet the **4-H or FFA eligibility requirements** and participate in the **Junior Livestock Auction** at the San Diego County Fair.
- Kremen School of Education Alumni Chapter Scholarship A scholarship shall be awarded to a student admitted to a Kremen School of Education and Human Development undergraduate degree, graduate degree or credential program.
- Lyles College of Engineering Alumni Chapter Scholarship Scholarship for a student who is pursuing a degree from the Lyles College of Engineering and Computer Science.
- Nathan Hathaway Collegian Scholarship A scholarship shall be awarded to a deserving student Mass Communication and Journalism student.
- Stephen and Risa Rodemeyer Organic Chemistry ScholarshipStephen and Risa Rodemeyer Organic Chemistry Scholarship is for a student who must be a regularly enrolled Chemistry major (BA or BS).
- The East Los Angeles Community Union (TELACU) ScholarshipAdministered by the **TELACU Education Foundation**, this scholarship program is funded by TELACU and the generous contributions of its partners—colleges and universities, corporations, nonprofit organizations, and individuals—who have joined in advancing educational opportunities for the community. Applicants must be attending one of **TELACU**'s partnering colleges and universities. Visit [here](https://telacu.com/telacu-education-foundation/college-success-program/list-of-colleges-universities/) for the eligible institutions. Students majoring in any field of study are eligible to apply. Special consideration may be given to students pursuing careers in **business, engineering, and science**.
- Zable Foundation 4-H ScholarshipThis scholarship is for a high school graduate who is a **4-H member** and has participated (not necessarily during the applying year) in a competitive exhibit department at the **San Diego County Fair**.