Scholarships in California
These are all open scholarships for students either resident in or looking to study in California. Select other state
- Al Whitley Memorial ScholarshipThis scholarship, created in honor of Al Whitley, the founder of Virtual Design & Construction Institute, was established to continue Al's vision for VDCI and the improvement of AEC (Architecture, Engineering and Construction) training in San Diego, California. Scholarship funds can be applied to any of the VDCI Nationally Accredited Programs. These range from 9-12 months of enrollment that feature fast-paced, asynchronous online learning to prepare students for a job in the AEC industry. The programs offered include training in CAD, BIM and Digital Design software, such as Autodesk AutoCAD, Revit, Civil 3D, SketchUp, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign.
- Associated Students, Inc. ScholarshipThis scholarship is for a student who demonstrates strong excellence in leadership development and related activities, both on and off campus, as determined by ASI Scholarship Committee. In addition, the student should demonstrate the ability to participate in such extracurricular leadership activities with excellence in academic achievements.
- Calaveras County Garden Club ScholarshipThree $3000 scholarships are awarded each year to graduating seniors from the **Calaveras County** high schools who have **horticulture or environmentally related** education goals.
- California Association of Collectors Educational ScholarshipCACESF’s scholarship contest is open to current high school juniors and seniors who are enrolled in a California high school and will be attending any accredited public or private college, university, or trade school within 12 months of graduation.
- Critical Care Training Center’s Scholarship Program Critical Care Training Center (CCTC) is honored to present its periodic Interactive Scholarship Program to all **Certified Nurse Assistant Students** throughout California. To qualify for the scholarship, students must submit a 600-word essay on the following topic: “Why do we need CNAs in the Healthcare Industry?” Five top essays will be selected according to the number of shared online community votes and will be forwarded to CCTC Board Members who will determine the final winner.
- Dante Simi Scholarship Fund A scholarship shall be awarded to students with a minimum GPA of 2.0. Preference given to Sigma Chi members or pledges; and/or graduates of any Learn 4 Life Charter School in the Fresno State's service area: Crescent View West (Fresno), Crescent View South (Fresno), Crescent Valley Public Charter (Hanford, Tulare, Visalia) and Ambassador Phillip V. Sanchez Charter (Fresno).
- Employee ScholarshipThis scholarship is for a a high school graduate applying for/accepted at a college or certificate program and is employed by the **Del Mar Fairgrounds, Del Mar Thoroughbred Club, Premier Food Services** or contractor of the **Del Mar Fairgrounds**.
- FFA ScholarshipThis scholarship is for a a high school graduate who is a member in good standing of **FFA** and has participated (not necessarily during the applying year) in a competitive exhibit department at the **San Diego County Fair**.
- JLA ScholarshipThis scholarship is for high school graduates who meet the **4-H or FFA eligibility requirements** and participate in the **Junior Livestock Auction** at the San Diego County Fair.
- Kremen School of Education Alumni Chapter Scholarship A scholarship shall be awarded to a student admitted to a Kremen School of Education and Human Development undergraduate degree, graduate degree or credential program.
- Lyles College of Engineering Alumni Chapter Scholarship Scholarship for a student who is pursuing a degree from the Lyles College of Engineering and Computer Science.
- Nathan Hathaway Collegian Scholarship A scholarship shall be awarded to a deserving student Mass Communication and Journalism student.
- NEWH Orange County Region ScholarshipNEWH Orange County Region is awarding scholarships to students pursuing a major and career objective within the Hospitality Industry (interior design, hospitality management, culinary, architecture, etc.).
- Semper Solaris ScholarshipThis scholarship is open to students who are planning to enroll or are enrolled at an accredited, two or four year, not-for-profit institution within the US as full time students and have demonstrated good leadership skills and academic achievement.
- Stephen and Risa Rodemeyer Organic Chemistry ScholarshipStephen and Risa Rodemeyer Organic Chemistry Scholarship is for a student who must be a regularly enrolled Chemistry major (BA or BS).
- The East Los Angeles Community Union (TELACU) ScholarshipAdministered by the **TELACU Education Foundation**, this scholarship program is funded by TELACU and the generous contributions of its partners—colleges and universities, corporations, nonprofit organizations, and individuals—who have joined in advancing educational opportunities for the community. Applicants must be attending one of **TELACU**'s partnering colleges and universities. Visit [here](https://telacu.com/telacu-education-foundation/college-success-program/list-of-colleges-universities/) for the eligible institutions. Students majoring in any field of study are eligible to apply. Special consideration may be given to students pursuing careers in **business, engineering, and science**.
- Zable Foundation 4-H ScholarshipThis scholarship is for a high school graduate who is a **4-H member** and has participated (not necessarily during the applying year) in a competitive exhibit department at the **San Diego County Fair**.