Scholarships in Iowa
These are all open scholarships for students either resident in or looking to study in Iowa. Select other state
- ACACIA Thomas H Macbride Leadership ScholarshipThis scholarship, created **in honor of Thomas H. Macbride**, who served The University of Iowa for more than a half-century as a scholar, professor, and administrator, is looking for any male, graduating seniors that have demonstrated the ability to excel in academics, extra-curricular activities, and human service. Aspiring applicants must be planning to **attend The University of Iowa**. In your application, you will need to include the following: * a one page letter explaining **your collegiate goals** while attending the University of Iowa * an **official copy** of your high school transcript * a photocopy of your **ACT or SAT scores** (ACT scores on the HS Transcript are acceptable) Applications must be sent **no later than July 31st**. Shortly after this date, all applications received will be reviewed by the committee members of the **Iowa Chapter of Acacia Fraternity**. Scholarship finalists **will then be contacted with more information** on the date and time for their interview. A total value up to $10,000 can be awarded per year, with **a minimum value of $250 and a maximum value of $3000**. All scholarships will be **awarded during the fall semester**. Note: This scholarship is **NOT transferable to another person or attendance** at another university.
- Charles F. Burg ScholarshipThis scholarship is open to students from Iowa who are planning to enroll or are enrolled at an accredited, two or four year, not-for-profit institution within the US as full time students and have demonstrated good leadership skills and academic achievement.
- Dean Carlson Honorary ScholarshipThis scholarship is open to students who are planning to enroll or are enrolled at an accredited, two or four year, not-for-profit institution Iowa State as full time students and have demonstrated good leadership skills and academic achievement.
- Future Ready Iowa Last-Dollar ScholarshipThis program, as the name implies, is intended to cover any remaining gap between federal and state grants/scholarships and tuition and qualified fees. Credentials include postsecondary certificates, diplomas and associate degrees.
- Iowa Merit Awards for Dramatic PerformanceThis scholarship, created by the Donna Reed Foundation for the Performing Arts, is open to Iowa high school students (grades 10-12) in good standing at an accredited high school, who are studying drama and have acted in official school productions for 2020 and/or 2021. **The 2021 program focuses on student dramatic performance.** Note: Students must be enrolled (or recently graduated) for the 2021 academic year to qualify.
- Iowa National Guard Service ScholarshipThis scholarship will be awarded to **Iowa National Guard** members who attend eligible Iowa colleges and universities.
- Monroe County Health Care Foundation ScholarshipThe Monroe County Health Care Foundation will be awarding scholarships to one or more high school seniors who reside in Monroe County Iowa. This scholarship has been designed to assist graduating seniors who desire to pursue a post-secondary education in a state-accredited institution which provides training in a health-related field.
- Morlan ScholarshipThe scholarship will award an Iowa high school senior, from a city or community of fewer than 10,000, enrolling in a two-year or four-year journalism program at an Iowa institution of higher learning or a student already enrolled in an Iowa institution of higher learning.