Scholarships in Virginia
These are all open scholarships for students either resident in or looking to study in Virginia. Select other state
- Adam Goodier Memorial Music ScholarshipThis scholarship is open to graduating seniors from **Stonewall Jackson High School** who have demonstrated a **sustained interest in music** and shown a responsible attitude towards academics.
- BioWorks IPM ScholarshipThe BioWorks IPM/Sustainable Practices Scholarship is intended for sophomore, junior or senior students pursuing a career in floriculture. Students will be selected on the basis of sound academic performance and a grade point average of 3.0 or higher.
- BioWorks IPM/Sustainable Practices ScholarshipThe BioWorks IPM/Sustainable Practices Scholarship is intended for sophomore, junior or senior students pursuing a career in floriculture. Students will be selected on the basis of sound academic performance and a grade point average of 3.0 or higher. While not mandatory, it is strongly desired that the student be interested in furthering the use of Integrated Pest Management (IPM) or sustainable practices, and preference will be given in this area.
- Brandon Kelly Dawson Memorial Athletic ScholarshipThis scholarship is for a graduating senior athlete from **Stonewall Jackson High School** who exhibits outstanding characteristics of leadership and sportsmanship while maintaining an acceptable grade point average.
- Fox Pest Control ScholarshipThis scholarship will be awarded to an outstanding student who exemplifies the core values of building relationships with those in their communities and providing services to those in need.
- Gabriel A. Hartl ScholarshipThis scholarship is for students enrolled half- to full-time in a two- to four-year air traffic control program at an institution approved and/or licensed by the Federal Aviation Administration as directly supporting the FAA's college and training initiative.
- Garcia Family ScholarshipThe Garcia Family Scholarship Fund is intended for students attending a two-year college, or Junior or Seniors attending a four-year institution with a career focus on the marketing or distribution of floral products, including retail, wholesale, manufacturing and/or floral business ownership/operations.
- Gold Award Scholarship in Honor of Marilynn CarrThis scholarship is for high school seniors who are currently registered in **GSCNC** in the Shenandoah region and planning on continuing their education.
- Harry H. Combs Memorial ScholarshipThis scholarship is for graduating seniors of **Central High School** who have been accepted, and are planning to attend, the **University of Virginia** in Charlottesville, VA.
- John L. Tomasovic, Sr. ScholarshipJohn Tomasovic, past president of BPFI, has grown his family business, Tomasovic Greenhouses and Nursery, Inc., in St. Louis, which includes a greenhouse from the 1904 St. Louis World’s Fair. They produce bedding plants, along with nursery stock, mums, poinsettias, and bulbs. The Tomasovic scholarship offers special consideration for sophomore, junior or senior undergraduate students with financial need and grade point average between 3.0 and 3.5.
- Marymount University Dean's ScholarshipThis scholarship is provided by the Marymount University Dean's Scholarship.
- Mike and Flo Novovesky ScholarshipMike and Flo Novovesky have enjoyed more than 30 years of active participation in the floriculture industry. The Novoveskys know first hand the hardships a young couple must overcome when balancing a career and a family. Their scholarship fund aims to help young married students who are working to put themselves through college and have a GPA of 2.5 or higher. Depending on the availability of married applicants, the scholarship may also go to an undergraduate working his or her way through school with financial need and family obligations. The keys are strong interest in horticulture and financial need.
- Seed Companies ScholarshipThe seed companies Ball, Pan-American, Goldsmith and Syngenta are leaders in the seed production and breeding industry, providing new, improved varieties. These seed companies cooperatively sponsor this scholarship. The Seed companies scholarship requires students to have a career goal within the seed industry and be junior or senior level undergraduates or graduate students.
- Shenandoah Scholars ScholarshipsThese scholarships are for graduating seniors from any **Shenandoah County public high school**, including Triplett Tech. Winners are selected based on character, academic achievement, and school/community involvement. See [here](https://www.shenandoah.k12.va.us/) for Shenandoah County Public Schools.